- The 10% early withdrawal penalty from a retirement account is waived for up to $5,000 used for birth or adoption.
- Part-time employees may be eligible for 401(k) participation.
- 401(k) statements are now required to show estimated lifetime income.
- Most non-spousal beneficiaries of an IRA (Roth IRAs included) must exhaust the account within ten years. Some beneficiary exceptions that may deplete the inheritance over a longer period of time than ten years include:
- Surviving spouse
- Chronically ill
- Minor child
- Disabled person
- Person who is no more than 10 years younger than the participant
- RMDs must begin at age 72 instead of 70 ½. This new rule doesn’t apply if you already turned 70 ½ before 2020.
- Contributions to an IRA can be made at any age, provided the individual has earned income.
This post touched on some of main highlights of each act. You can find more in-depth information by clicking: CARES Act and Secure Act. Stay safe and be sure to take full advantage of these acts if the provisions benefit you. Please contact us for further details about how your specific situation may be affected. Happy investing!
For more tips like these, click here to sign up for our weekly email blog newsletter. If you would like to get better educated on Lockheed retirement strategies, click here to download our Free Report titled Retire with Confidence: The Top 4 Things You Can Do Now to Maximize your Lockheed Retirement. And, if you want to have face time with a Lockheed Retirement Specialist², you can click here to schedule an appointment, click here to sign up for our Lockheed Retirement Workshop or click here to just give us a call (817) 210-3444.
Be sure and check back next week for more incredibly valuable information. Cheers!
Financial Planning and Investment Advisory offered by SWMG, LLC a Registered Investment Advisor.
Lockheed Martin Retirement Specialist is not an official title or professional designation nor is it conferred by Lockheed Martin on any individual or company.
Our Complementary consultation and free report are for informational purposes only and provided free without any obligation to utilize or retain our investment advisory services.
SMWG, LLC is not affiliated with or endorsed by Lockheed Martin Corporation. Our expertise comes from working with LMT employees for several years and helping them to retire with confidence.
Investing involves the risk of loss, including loss of principal. Past performance does not guarantee future results. Investment products are not FDIC insured, have no bank guarantee, and may gain or lose value. Different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk, and there can be no assurance that any specific investment will be profitable for a client’s investment portfolio.