4. Sit up straight – yes, all us desk people tend to slouch after a sitting for so long. Sit on the edge of your chair with both feet on the ground. Make sure your computer monitor is at eye level rather than looking up and straining your neck. If you can, bring your own ergonomic chair.
5. Stand up straight – yes, those who stand also tend to slouch and often have their feet start hurting which can cause tightness in the back and shoulders. If you’re a stander, then wear supportive shoes, hold your abdomen muscles tight and have a standing mat to offer support to your precious feet.
6. Vitamin C – it doesn’t matter what the season, there always tend to be sick people at work. Fend them off by ingesting extra Vitamin C either by foods rich in it or with a supplement. You can find a list of the best foods here.
7. Vitamin D – go outside and soak up the sun. You can even force yourself to take your lunch break if you make it a priority to eat lunch outside. If that’s not an option, consider supplements and foods rich in Vitamin D. You can find a list of the best foods here.
8. Turn work off – if you can, once you leave the office (or home office) turn the work off. Try to separate your personal life from your work life to help relieve stress. Spend time with your family, take time to enjoy a hobby or do something for yourself.
These are just a few things you can do to stay health while at work. Just as important as your physical health is your fiscal health. Contact us today to book an appointment with one of our Lockheed Martin Retirement Specialists to make sure your fiscal health is in good shape!
For more tips like these, click here to sign up for our weekly email blog newsletter. If you would like to get better educated on Lockheed retirement strategies, click here to download our Free Report titled Retire with Confidence: The Top 4 Things You Can Do Now to Maximize your Lockheed Retirement. And, if you want to have face time with a Lockheed Retirement Specialist², you can click here to schedule an appointment, click here to sign up for our Lockheed Retirement Workshop or click here to just give us a call (817) 210-3444.
Be sure and check back next week for more incredibly valuable information. Cheers!
Financial Planning and Investment Advisory offered by SWMG, LLC a Registered Investment Advisor.
Lockheed Martin Retirement Specialist is not an official title or professional designation nor is it conferred by Lockheed Martin on any individual or company.
Our Complementary consultation and free report are for informational purposes only and provided free without any obligation to utilize or retain our investment advisory services.
SMWG, LLC is not affiliated with or endorsed by Lockheed Martin Corporation. Our expertise comes from working with LMT employees for several years and helping them to retire with confidence.
Investing involves the risk of loss, including loss of principal. Past performance does not guarantee future results. Investment products are not FDIC insured, have no bank guarantee, and may gain or lose value. Different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk, and there can be no assurance that any specific investment will be profitable for a client’s investment portfolio.